Contact Us

stitchnknot@gmail.com

Felt Craft Series

icon


animalien


the faux bakery

the kawaii series

the secret garden

exclusive!


customized





Monday, June 11

Patchwork pillow 'for you'

My very first patchwork pillow... and I'm proud of it! Truth be told, it looks way better in real life rather than pictures :P

Quilted patchwork pillow for my sis :)
(click to see larger picture)

I'm using mom's scrap cotton fabrics for patchwork (she has tons of it!), plain red cotton for the gathered strip, leftover checkers from past projects and brown fabric which I bought impulsively during a trip to a nearby fabric store. Somehow, it all fit together. I also added the hanging red and pink heart which are made from felt for embellishment.

Since this is my first attempt on quilting, it's far from perfect. If you see picture above (and below), you'll notice there are wrinkles at the upper half of the pillow. That's what you get when you're too lazy to spray basting your quilt!

More picture below:

Close-up photo: patchwork and gathered strip
Zippers at the bottom

What do you think of it? I would love to hear your honest opinion/comments :)

2 comments:

Zara said...

Very nice! I don't see any imperfections at all- well done!

stitchNknot said...

Thank you Zara. You're too kind :)

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Right floating menu

Shoutbox